Thursday 1 May 2008

Things I have learnt in Singapore already...

  • I'm still addicted to BUYING books
  • Books are a sensible price, i.e. I do not have to spend the GDP of Switzerland for a 60 year old out of copyright book
  • It's hot and humid. It's not the sun that's just hot, EVERYTHING is hot. Buildings, on the same scale, are freeezing (inside them that is)
  • The Suntec City Mall has over 75 billion shops.
  • My trousers are too loose
  • Apparently it's labour day.
  • Some malls sounds like techno clubs
  • Electronic goods are not stunningly cheap and there is a lack of unknown brand rip offs I was hoping for.
  • Bartering involves the shop keeper lying, not including GST and being mean.
  • There are very few white people. Which is cool, though no one seems surprised I'm around.
  • VCDS are common here
  • Everything is English.
  • I am suspicious of how they measure millilitres.

No comments: