Monday 11 August 2008

11th August 2008

Blam. Today I will be mostly waiting for a train to Kyoto as my check in is very late: 4pm! A cheeky bonus though, was that my hotel gave me a free ticket to Kyoto! Nice. I stayed up last night to watch USA vs China basketball, very good game, and china, with their iconic player, lost. Anyway, I spent till 3pm chilling, writing a few postcards, and sending them. I then grabbed my kit and managed to scramble on a series of express trains to Kyoto station. Hotel was very easy to find and I like the feel of it. Room is Japanese style, with mattress to roll out, sliding door and wooden floor. En suite though and hotter than a blast furnace. Hotel has free net and laundry. Woo!

After a cold shower I investigated the Kyoto tower, which, as well as looking cool, gives a great view as far as Osaka apparently. Got some tasty snaps of orangy sky up there. Had a quick dinner in the big station based malls and then got disillusioned by how much cool clothing is is for women and kids but all menswear is boring. I scowled at many people, made way back, net an ready for early sleep so I Can utilise a full day tomorrow, following the Lonely Planet's Kyoto in a day walking tour.

No comments: