Saturday 16 February 2008

Latouka

I wandered around the streets of Latouka for a while, which is quite different from Nadi. Much less tourist orientated, in fact I was the only white person in the whole city it appeared. People were friendly but didn't try to scam or bug you. It may have been my evil squinting eyes due to the swimming pool, though I have learned it's a common misconception that it's the chlorine. when it smells of "chlorine" and hurts your eyes, it's actually a lack of chlorine. More reliable information on your local internets. I appear to have put Latouka photos on the previous post, oops. Here's one for the road:

Anyway, I found a park that was next to the ocean/bay, and chilled in the splendour and the blinding heat. 3 rolled around and I met Johnny for the long trip back. Good fun. I'm now relaxing by the pool with a cold beer.

It's a hard life.

No comments: