Sunday 18 May 2008

18th May 2008: More Weirdos

What, may I enquire, attracts crazy people to strike up inescapable conversations with me? After various wanderings, I spent far too long in the large bookshop here, got thoroughly lost and bought The Beach and Into The Heart of Borneo for travel related research purposes. I had a late lunch of rice, beef, spice, long beans and some other green veg I apparently chose and cruised into a net cafe to upload some photos and blog a bit. Within a few min a rather large snotty spluttering American gentleman heaved himself, via the back of my chair (which we all know I hate people disturbing when I'm sitting down), and into the chair next to me. After a short while he noticed I had a blog and it turned out he was a blogging government conspiracy nut that I had trouble escaping from. Especially after he found out I did a Comp Sci degree and therefore I spent some time showing him how to use blogger. To top it off he said he didn't like London.

Well then I flipped and drove his face through his monitor.

Course I didn't, I was nice, courteous, made informed comments, made exasperated facial expressions to the cashier, and supplied my contact details to him so in 6 months we could see if some government had intercepted and blocked our communications.

They were face details.

I'm now recovering over a mocha, sad in the knowledge that I barely caught up with my blog at all, and only in bullet point format. I also need a female to female usb adapter. Still it's all good fun. Looked at KT and KTs photos of their South American trip and realised I need to do more activities! For now, I'm off to Mini-Valley, or something.

No comments: