Saturday 9 February 2008

*collapses*

Well I've just walked miles and miles, all over Stanley park. Got up a bit late, and missed the free breakfast. Luckily I had a large can of chicken, veg and rice soup, which I made under the scornful glare of some random woman. I decided that because the crazy weather people had lied and it wasn't raining again, I'd walk along sunset beach and all along the coast.

The woods/park are amazing, beautifully green, and I saw the huge green bridge across the bay (Lions Gate Bridge). After heading inland, I spent hours walking around the lush forest, with no one around. Streams trickling all around me, beautiful. I eventually found my way to Beaver Lake, where I played with some crazy black squirrels, that then began hunting me velociraptor style. I swiftly made my getaway, following a sign to hollow tree. Though I had to cross snow and swamp to reach it. It was indeed hollow. After walking for ages, I finally made it to Prospect Point, by which point (haw haw) I was weak from hunger.

Got served by an awesome waiter, and I had a HUGE Stanley Park Double Decker, 2 huge burgers, loads of Canadian bacon, lettuce, onion, tomato, gerkin and with a huge pile of delicious home made chips.
I also had a large diet coke, and an AMAZING walnut and maple syrup topped Ice Cream. Was chatting to waiter about traveling and in the end he only charged me for the burger! I was so happy I left a note and a generous tip.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for free food!

Also, that stone construction thing looks about as stable as a house of cards, minus the trick glue keeping it together...

Tommeh said...

I kicked it to make sure.







Toe hurtie :(

Anonymous said...

I thoughts teh stone construction thingy looked like a "matschsick" man...Hehe Mona (yes I'mm refusing to call her RK)looks like she wants to makes friend w/ the squiddle!
*huggles*
x

Anonymous said...

I HAVE ONLY JUST NOTICED THE SQUIRREL IN THAT PICTURE. I just thought it was RK + some pretty grass...o.O

*licks toe better*

Tommeh said...

Squirrels are scary! SCARY! but cute as well, RK was all like "Well hello there, do you come here often". but the squirrels answered in a horrific co-ordinated attack. All were slain.