Saturday 9 February 2008

I need robotic feet

and knees. After Prospect Point I carried on walking all around crazy locations, and mostly in circles trying to find the famous totem poles. After hitting the coast, realising how badly I'd been going in circles (next time get a map) and seeing the statue of a girl in a bathing suit, which symbolises how Vancouver relies on the sea, I finally made it to the totem poles. Which were jolly good. I then carried on walking coastward until I got to Georgia St, and had a conversation with a lady about how annoying it was that on all the public maps some fools I had scratched off the area around "You Are Here", so your exact location became slightly mysterious.

No matter though, and trundled along to Robson St, which turns out is the main city shopping area, or according to a book in a big book shop. There's even a very big HMV there, though my internet sources told me it was a Virgin. I wandered back, via a 7-11 to get some instant noodles and green beans.

Now spent the past 50 minutes typing up blogs and putting up photos (the colourful pretty things). I'd like to warn you that I have far more photos, some which are probably better than the ones I've put up, but they illustrate vaguely what I've been up to. Be happy, and don't expect this to occur frequently.

5 comments:

rexxor said...

Lets buy that house in your photos, transport it to Hyde Park and live in that *nods at an excellent idea*

Anonymous said...

*agrees with Rex*
You reckon we could steal the statue of the semi-naked woman to go with it? *grins* Ooh, and totem poles to hang the washing *nods*

Tommeh said...

Lol we could, though I fear it's actually a steak house, so probably hard to buy. Totem poles on the other hand, are whole different kettle of seaford orientated loving.

Anonymous said...

you cut your hair!! x

ps- i promise to leave actual comments next time :P

Anonymous said...

*boings* I has an awesome idea!
We transport the semi- na-ked woman + the water/sea, (whatever youu wantso call it) and the house w/ the awesome front greenery into hyde park and live in that? *smiles*
I want water...we could prob do w/ that kettle too ;)
*huggles*