Saturday 9 February 2008

The solution to all boredom

As with so many things while traveling, anything can happen, luckily rather than being struck in the eye by a flying raccoon pony, I met a cool German guy called Kai who now lives in my room with me. We chatted for a while, and decided, the best course of action for everyone involved was to go to a pub and obtain us a few beers. So we asked at reception and found a cool pub on Granville St, which looked suitably pub-like for both of us. The ice hockey was on, Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado. or something similar, good fun watching the players randomly decide to beat each other up for no apparent reason. All the people watching in the pub only became actively excited when this occurred.

We had 2 pints of some generic Canadian beer that the lady served us, as we were unsure what to get. While sliding back to the hostel, we stopped in a pizza place and in a strange twist of fate, got some pizza. Twas pretty good. I read loads more of my Dice Man book as well, excellent stuff. Tomorrow we plan to tackle the Calipano Suspension Bridge.

Kai's been traveling for past 4 months, Oz -> New Zealand -> Hawaii. Apparently on the greyhound in Oz they lost his bag and it was never found! He just had to rebuy all his clothes again, luckily his important stuff was safe in his hand luggage. Scary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG if someone lost my luggage..I'd kill someone. Possibly myself, woe. *paranoid*

Tommeh said...

lol he seemed quite upbeat about it, he had insurance so just went and bought everything again.