Friday 8 February 2008

I can has photos?

It would appear I'm developing a taste for tea. After the International Village, I waltzed to china town, slightly wonky, and played in the Andy Livingstone park for a while, on the water stepping stones. I randomly stumbled across the Dr Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden, which although costing $10, was really nice and I even got free chinese tea. I made a rat as well, using paper, scissors, glue, pencils, pipe cleaners and a fuzzy ball for the nose. I made his eyes wonky, which the woman there agreed gave him "character" but she also initially thought I was a "really big kindergarten kid". RK was suspicious of her intended use for the rats so didn't make one. I wandered around China Town for a bit, but it was a bit run down and there was an overlap with the crazy people from E.Hastings.

I headed to pacific boulevard because it sounded cool, past the BC stadium, but all around was a bit like a construction site. So I went inland and enjoyed walking through Yale Town, which has lots of expensive boutiques and the such like. Went through David Lam Park and along beach avenue where I discovered a little boat show.

Hmm, this is starting to become a list of places I visited *sighs*. Feel free to skim read. In my wise state, I decided the best course of action was to go across to Granville Island via the bridge.
Unfortunately, due to its ridiculous height, meant I had to backtrack vastly to get up on the bridge and then I ended up deep in South Granville. Once I finally made my way back to Granville Island, I spent a few hours wandering around the public market and all manner of tiny shops. Found an amazing looking sushi shop tucked away, but I was far from hungry, plus I should save the monies. I tried to find an interesting book in a cool shop, but it was all meh, I might try again in a bit. Currently drinking some crazy herbal tea and listening to a cool guitar player play some Tom Waits, or someone....

I think my plan is to get one of the crazy bath tub boats across the water. I should skidaddle as either me or the guy at the table next to me really stinks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pic of RK with the Chinese garden backdrop is pretty sweet :D

Also, I love that you randomly made a rat. Did the woman keep it afterwards? Or have you found yourself another travelling companion?

*snuggles*

rexxor said...

Tom! You drink tea now. Wooohooo I have a tea-drinking buddy in the house.

Tommeh said...

Only herbal tea really, and only as a tertiary option to Coffee, then Coke. Though I fear my teeth with coke. I had an orange spice tea, or something, woman could barely understand my thick generic accent.

I should have posted a photo of the rat, maybe later on at some crazy random point. I left the rat there :( I would have kept him, but RK was like "No fool, I ain't sharin dis wit no one" and I was like "easy now RK" and comedy ensued.

Anonymous said...

PANDAmonium!
But yes *agrees w/ rach*...aren't you glad that i remembered to brng your traveling companium... Performance Panda hopes you're well and is virtually sending some bamboo to RK, *eeps!* I mean, Mona.

btw- word of warning...if you get offered herbal tea that is as dark as the night....DON'T DRINK IT!! it's foul and ..*shudders* ew!