Friday 8 February 2008

It would appear that many places in Vancouver fail to open until 10 or 11. And even more places are still being building, including "International Village" which I am in now. I've been wandering haphazardly through downtown Vancouver. I was happily skipping along until I glimpsed something further ahead:

"Holy Moly, there's
a mountain at the end of the street"

I carried on, and eventually got to Canada Place, and the bay/inlet (Burrard Inlet?),
where, just across the water, was North Vancouver and a load of whopping big snow topped mountains. Crazy!

I wibbled along the coast, towards GasTown, which turned out to be quite nice and quaint, though mostly souvenir shops with life size mounty bears. The GasTown Steam Clo
ck was the main attraction, which was basically a steam powered clock that looked similar to Little Ben (near London Victoria). Further on was maple leaf square, which was quite nice. I was gonna cross West Hastings to China Town, but it looked a bit dodge so I backtracked, on the flipside and circled around. Now in International Village, where most of the shop areas are empty, but there is some form of Chinese Mark for Chinese New Year. there's also a large amount of people standing around, looking slightly confused. I might treat myself to lunch as they have Indian, Thai, Mexican, Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese and Maccy D's. Anyone that chooses McDonald's automatically loses at life.

I was wondering why I felt a bit rough and tired, then I remembered I'm allowed jet lag. Luckily, coffee is the cure for all ailments.

Except insomnia *glares at Shing*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a Little Ben? Huh.

Erm, on a grammatical note >< :
"And even more places are still being built"

Tommeh said...

*grumbles*

The Little Ben anecdote was told to me by Shing a few weeks ago, and according to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ben) she was horrendos right. Little Ben looks cooler though.

Anonymous said...

*whimpers*
You had to check Wiki and didnt trust my memory skillz of reading?...
actually i wouldn't either...
and yes Little Ben looks cooler than the one u took piccie of (and it chimes!)
x
ps I hope our insomnia isn't linked :S... *huggles*